SQLyog 8.4 happens to be a fairly major release with good number of features & enhancements. Listed below are some worth noting.
- May it be Query Profiler or Datatype Optimizer, SQLyog has grown beyond the definition of a GUI with these features with intelligence. One such feature that is being unveiled with this release is an option to find redundant indexes. You can find the redundant indexes in a Table with just a click of a button. If found, a ready query is generated to drop the redundant indexes. As you know eliminating redundant indexes improves INSERTs & UPDATEs and also saves hard-disk space.
- Scheduled Backups can be compressed.
- If you are one of those users who deal with databases having thousands of objects (tables, columns etc.) this release will definitely add to your productivity as auto-complete has been drastically improved for such databases.
- You can sort the data of Result set. The sorting is very fast as it is done at the client side unlike Table Data where a query is fired to server for every sort action.
This release also contains following enhancements:
- A file can be loaded to the tab from context menu.
- Added menu items (for exports and ‘copy to other..’) at table-level in Object Browser.
- Save dialog when closing a connection now has ’Yes to All’ and ‘No to All’ options.
- Added an option to send a mail alert if an error occurs while executing a ‘maintenance query’ from Notifications Services.
We are very excited about this release, and hope that you will like it. We would love to hear from you.
PS: Redundant Index Finder is a feature of SQLyog Ultimate only.