Changes (as compared to 11.42) include:
* ‘session restore’ now saves and restores content of open Query tabs and History tabs. As regards History tab please observe that its content will not be allowed to grow beyond 50,000 queries. When the 50,001st query is added the 1st is removed at runtime and so on. This is not something new – it was always like that. However with the addition of History tab to ‘session restore’ this is now even more relevant as using ‘session restore’ for long time (months, years) with the same connection could cause the History tab content to grow beyond reasonable limits (possibly affecting performance of ‘session restore’ and consuming excessive memory) if History was allowed to grow without limits. Finally please observe that internal storage format for saved sessions have changed between the 5.0 beta and this GA. For this reason sessions saved by the beta will not be opened by this GA release. We are sorry for this inconvenience caused to our beta users.
* As a consequence of above user is not prompted to save open Query tabs when the program is closed and ‘session restore’ is enabled. User is still prompted when closing a single connection tab or a single query tab..
* With ‘session restore’ enabled, session is now also saved automatically in the background every 10 seconds.
* A Query tab can be renamed (from the context menu of the tab itself). ‘session restore’ will open the tab with the user-defined name.
* Added the HTTP content-type ‘application/xml’ as an option for HTTP tunnel.
* Import external data will now create tables with the database collation of the database imported to, provided that database charset is utf8. Note that we cannot do this if database charset is not uft8 as imported tables are always created as utf8 and comparable collations do not always exist for unicode and non-unicode charsets in MySQL.
* Fixed a crash when executing a single bracket ( “(” ) as a statement.
* Import External Data could fail when creating indexes on imported TEXT columns as the tool did not specify the mandatory index prefix length.
* The HTTP-tunneler has been updated with this release and users making use of HTTP tunnel must update the tunneler on their MySQL host. The previous tunneler – released with SQLyog 8.8 more than 3 years ago – used the function ‘set_magic_quotes_runtime()’ that has been deprecated for some time in recent PHP versions. Till now we have suppressed any errors resulting from this, but this is a permanent solution.